[opencms-dev] Multi-Site Hosting Question- Aliases for Hosts

Daniel Rhoden drhoden at iiwinc.com
Tue Feb 8 17:30:44 CET 2005

I looked through the DTD for opencms-system.xml to see if there was a
way to define aliases for the <site /> node, but was surprised to find
there was no provision.  I know that the same effect of an alias can be
created by using additional <site /> nodes, but the down side to that is
redundant entries in the workplace.

Are there plans to allow such definitions as:

<sites>
            <workplace-server>http://localhost:8080</workplace-server>
            <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
            <site server="http://localhost:8080" uri="/sites/default/">
                       <alias>http://mysite.com</alias>
                       <alias>http://www.mysite.com</alias>
            </site>
</sites>

If there is already a better way, please let me know.

Thanks,

Daniel Rhoden