AW: [opencms-dev] opencms6: Article Management Module

Ulrich Rueth lists at rueth.info
Tue Feb 8 18:51:16 CET 2005

Hi George,

there are two points I want to answer:

1. If you have followed Installation and Setup correctly, you should have a
module called info.rueth.opencms.articles, i.e. there should be a folder
/system/modules/info.rueth.opencms.articles/ in your OpenCms explorer. If
this is not the case, you seem to have missed out "Step 4: Uploading the
module".

2. With saying /system/modules/mymodule/... I assumed that you want to
create your own web page and therefore have already created your own module.
It is always recommended to put your web sites into separate modules, as
this makes it much easier to handle them, e.g. you can simply export the
module and import it if you install a newer version of OpenCms. How to
create an own module? Please follow the OpenCms documentation, e.g. under
http://www.packtpub.com/opencms_table_of_contents. With the "mymodule" you
should of course replace with your own module name! Same applies for
/sites/mysite/: The "mysite" is only a place holder for your own site name.

Hope this gets you going.

Regards
Ulrich