[opencms-dev] Config failure: ServletException: OpenCms not properly configured!

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Feb 13 02:09:17 CET 2005

Hi all,

Following the install instructions at
http://www.opencms.org/opencms/en/development/installation/server.html#5,
I access the URL /opencms/ocssetup, expecting to see a configuration
screen allowing me to configure opencms.

Instead I get the following message in my logfile:

2005-02-12 18:58:45 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve at 63b2e6:
Exception
  Processing ErrorPage[errorCode=404, location=/opencms/handle404]
javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms not properly configured!
         at org.opencms.main.OpenCmsServlet.doGet(OpenCmsServlet.java:96)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:252)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:173)

The error 404 would imply that the "ocssetup" URL no longer exists. Is
it possible to update the docs to reflect this change? What is the
correct setup URL to use?

I am using v6.0 alpha 3.

Regards,
Graham