[opencms-dev] Postgres set fails: Database "postgres" does not exist

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Feb 13 13:34:57 CET 2005

Graham Leggett wrote:

> While setting up OpenCMS v6 alpha 3, I try to use a Postgresql database
> as a backend.

> To work around the error, the URL can be changed like so:
>
> jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/template1
>
> Is it possible for the connection string default to be changed?

A further problem might make the use of template1 a bad idea.

If opencms is unable to create the database (because of the inverted
comma problem in the other mail), opencms tries to create the tables
inside the database specified on the command line instead: in other
words template1!

Ideally to fix this, a third checkbox should be added to "user" and
"tables" for "database", and if the database cannot created, it should
not try create the tables.

This means that the user can create the database manually if they so
choose, and point to it using the URL, and opencms can still populate
the tables for them without error.

Regards,
Graham