[opencms-dev] Postgres set fails: Database "postgres" does not exist

tony tony at tgds.net
Sun Feb 13 18:14:21 CET 2005

Le dimanche 13 février 2005 à 14:34 +0200, Graham Leggett a écrit :

> > While setting up OpenCMS v6 alpha 3, I try to use a Postgresql database
> > as a backend.
>
> > To work around the error, the URL can be changed like so:
> >
> > jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/template1
> >
> > Is it possible for the connection string default to be changed?
>
> A further problem might make the use of template1 a bad idea.

You need to create a database called "opencms" before starting the
opencms setup process. This is common procedure when setting up a new
database with PostgreSQL use command "createdb -E {encoding desired}
opencms". Then when you run the setup it will find the db in the system
catalogue, drop it and then recreate and populate it.

Hope that helps

Tony