[opencms-dev] openCms 5 - properties vanish on the way from offline to online project

Hans-Peter Meister Hans-Peter.Meister at dpg-brandenburg.de
Tue Feb 15 00:14:11 CET 2005

Hi there,

...hope somebody can help

openCms 5 offers the possibility to define custim properties for
file types - so it does also for "Pages".

So I did define some which would be extremely useful for our project,
such as "author","source","medium_name",medium_type","sub_title".
In fact we are doing some kind of media/press-archive for a
non-profit-organization.

The strange thing about that is that these properties can well be defined
and show in the
offline-project, but most of them do no show up in the online-project.

Looking at the database (using mySQL)

reveals that a

SELECT CMS_PROPERTIES.*
FROM CMS_PROPERTIES, CMS_RESOURCES
WHERE CMS_PROPERTIES.RESOURCE_ID = CMS_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_ID AND
CMS_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_NAME =
'/default/vfs/de/gesellsch/spurensuche/some_text.html'

returns 13 properties whereas

SELECT CMS_ONLINE_PROPERTIES. *
FROM CMS_ONLINE_PROPERTIES, CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES
WHERE CMS_ONLINE_PROPERTIES.RESOURCE_ID = CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_ID
AND CMS_ONLINE_RESOURCES.RESOURCE_NAME =
'/default/vfs/de/gesellsch/spurensuche/some_text.html'

returns only 6 of them. The selection of attributes which are shown seems to
be
by accident and I cannot see any system in that.
I have tried any measure I could figure out from within the CMS to get these
attributes published - but nothing happens.

I even tried to generate the properties by using SQL directly on the
database, but even these
new generated properties do not appear in the online project.

Does anybody have a hint what to do about that??

Thanks for any help in advance

Hans-Peter Meister