[opencms-dev] openCms 5 - properties vanish on the way from offline to online project

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Tue Feb 15 09:09:23 CET 2005

Hello,

    This is a bug in OpenCMS 5 i think that was fixed in OpenCMS 5.0.1.
What is happening that your custom properties are defined in 2 tables:
CMS_PROPERTYDEF
and
CMS_ONLINE_PROPERTYDEF
Now what happens is that "PROPERTYDEF_ID" column has one value in
CMS_PROPERTYDEF table
and another in CMS_ONLINE_PROPERTYDEF for your custom properties. Make
sure that
in CMS_ONLINE_PROPERTYDEF is the same value for this column as in the
other table.
    After this you should publish again the files (by forceing a change
on them or touch) and all should be fine.
Please note that for me this worked, but you should make a backup of
your DB BEFORE making any changes
directly in the DB so you can restore if something really get messed up.

Best regards,
Andras Balogh.