AW: [opencms-dev] How do you customize error page

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Tue Feb 15 09:40:41 CET 2005

Hi, tim

  in OpenCms you will find 2 different types of error dialogs:

1. an error triggered explicitly by the java code (mainly used in the
backend), ie. After catching an exception, will shows the page at
following location: CmsWorkplace.C_FILE_DIALOG_SCREEN_ERROR, ie.
/system/workplace/commons/includes/error.jsp

2. if an exception occurs while displaying a resource, an error dialog
is dynamically generated by the core, it will be very similar to the
page showed in the previous case, but it is generated based on some
scriplets stored in the htmlmsg.properties file in the org.opencms.main
package, look for the C_ERROR_DIALOG_START and the C_ERROR_DIALOG_END
properties. See also the OpenCmsCore.errorHandling(...) method.

Good luck.

Regards,

Michael Moossen
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts