[opencms-dev] Install version - Tomcat 5.0.19 & JDK 1.4.2

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Feb 16 09:25:21 CET 2005

Just clarify my experience with Tomcat 5.0.19:

My problem was that < and > got escaped when editing the pages
subsequently turning the contents into escaped HTML so the user would
see what seemed to be the raw HTML codes in the WYSIWYG-editor. There
were no problems during the installation or the like, just during
editing.
This happened with OpenCms 5.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.6, using Sun JDK
1.4.2, Tomcat 5.0.19 and MySQL 4.0.18. Upgrading the Tomcat to 5.0.25
solved the problem.

Tomcat 5.0.19 and JDK 1.4.2_06_b03 is not a problem per say - I'm using
that combo on SuSE 9.1, and with MySQL 4.0.18 (JDBC connector 3.0.15).
Apart from a particular problem connecting to the database (for some
reason you have to state 127.0.0.1 rather than localhost in the
connection string) installation worked fine. Generally I'm using MySQL
4.0.x so that is certainly a valid choice.
I think the problem when it comes to MySQL is with 4.1.x which may
actually be related to the Connector/J version, i.e. 3.0.x vs 3.1.x but
I'm not using MySQL 4.1 so this is just hearsay).

Claus