[opencms] Re: [opencms-dev] Porting OpenCms 6.0 to MS SQL Server

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Feb 18 16:28:33 CET 2005

> Hi pals:
>
> I have experience in Hibernate, but not so much spare time right now.
>
> I think the *best* thing we could do is center the opencms
> developmente effort in the content management features.

No doubt about that, you just need to rewrite these 20.000 or so LOC that
cover the current DB implementation.

It's certainly the best approach, however requires exponential more work to
be done then just adding some other DB (which is really just testing and
tuning some SQL statements for the most part).

Moving to hibernate is IMHO somthing to be considered for an OpenCms 7
release. We are late already with the 6 version.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts