[opencms] Re: [opencms-dev] Porting OpenCms 6.0 to MS SQL Server

Jorge González informatico at hotelparadisepark.com
Fri Feb 18 16:21:27 CET 2005

Hi pals:

I have experience in Hibernate, but not so much spare time right now.

I think the *best* thing we could do is center the opencms developmente
effort in the content management features.
If we could port opencms data model into an hibernate model, the specific
database porting will not be our problem, because there is a big developer
community working on it "for us", and "for free".

There are tools available under the Hibernate project to build automatically
a map to an existing database model, so we could start a persistence manager
based on existing tables using hibernate, and use the available ports to

----snip

Hibernate is regularly tested with the following SQL databases:

    * DB2 7.1, 7.2, 8.1
    * MySQL 3.23, 4.0, 4.1
    * PostgreSQL 7.1.2, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4
    * Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g
    * Sybase 12.5 (JConnect 5.5)
    * HypersonicSQL 1.61, 1.7.0, 1.7.2, 1.8
    * Microsoft SQL Server 2000 ----> :)
    * SAP DB 7.3

Hibernate has also been tested with and is believed to be compatible with
current versions of:

    * Informix
    * Ingres
    * FrontBase
    * Mckoi SQL
    * Firebird (1.5 with JayBird 1.01 tested)
    * Interbase (6.0.1 tested)
    * Progress 9
    * Pointbase Embedded (4.3 tested)
    * HP NonStop SQL/MX 2.0 (requires Dialect from HP)

----snip

Note: only my 2 cents