AW: [opencms-dev] Java script

Michael Moossen m.moossen at alkacon.com
Fri Feb 18 18:36:39 CET 2005

Hi,
   first of all you can/should not include hard links in OpenCms, use
the <cms:link> tag or the CmsJspActionElement.link(String) method, due
to the fact that the links may vary from the online to the offline
project, for instance.
   Doing so, you will have no more a static file, so your file should
not be in the resources folder that is an export point, ie. written to
hard disc without interpretation.
   To improve performance you can set the export property of the file to
true, so it will be static-exported in the online project after
publishing )but still being executed every time in the offline project).
   I would recommend you to try another method, for example, including
that variable definition in your template, or something like that.

Regards,

Michael Moossen
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com