[opencms-dev] Permissions for a site in OpenCMS6beta1

Sebastian Himberger sebastian.himberger at gmx.de
Fri Feb 25 08:11:32 CET 2005

Hi,

you can switch to the root site ("/") and set the permissions for the
sites (e.g. /sites/default) using the ACLs. I'm currently at the same
point and haven't found any elegant solution. The easiest way is to deny
access for the groups you don't want to look at the site. I also tried
to deny access to the /sites folder and then explicitly allow one group
to access a specific site (e.g. grant access on /sites/demosite) but
this didn't worked so far (perhaps i made mistake).

Btw: Deny permissions are added up while inheritance and only grant
permissions overwrite each other (if the checkbox is marked). Keep this
in mind while editing your ACLs (i fell into this pitfall more than once
;)).

I hope this helps.

best regards
Sebastian