[opencms-dev] vfs explorer 'location' issue in /sites/default - bug?

Tue Mar 1 02:01:28 CET 2005

I wanted to add some additional information to the vfs 'location' issue
Jack Bakker wrote about last month. I'm experiencing a similar problem,
but it appears that the issue only happens when I log in to the
workplace through a URL that is not the workplace-server url. I have
the following sites definition in my opencms-system.xml:

		<sites>
			<workplace-server>http://localhost:8080</workplace-server>
			<default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
			<site server="http://thebucket:8080" uri="/sites/default/"/>
			<site server="http://sjsu.localhost:8080" uri="/sites/sjsu/"/>
		</sites>

Note that thebucket, localhost, sjsu.localhost all point to my
development laptop.

If I log into the workplace through thebucket:8080/opencms/opencms/, I
can only navigate through /sites/default.
If I log into the workplace through
sjsu.localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/, I can only navigate through the
site /sites/sjsu. In both these cases, when I try to navigate through a
different site, I get returned to the previous folder.

But, if I log in to the workplace through the workplace-server url, I
can access all the different sites fine.

Just an FYI, in case anyone encounters this in the future.

--
Paul Boone
Mind Bucket