[opencms-dev] Showstopper - OpenCms does not render XHTML compliant content!

Ronald Lips ronald.lips at atobemobile.com
Tue Mar 1 13:28:06 CET 2005

Hi,

Using OpenCms 6 alpha 3 I want to render full XHTML compliant content.
To achieve this, I use the following URL:

However, no matter what I try, OpenCms always stores this as:

The ampersand in the href attribute makes this non-compliant with XHTML.
Any processors that expect XHTML will fail for this reason. Is there any
way of preventing OpenCms to remove the "&" entity? I am already
using the XML and XHTML declarations at the top of my templates:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Hope anyone can help, as this is a real showstopper for me.

Thanks
Ronald

AtoBe Mobile Solutions
Ronald Lips