[opencms-dev] CMS URL Enquiry & File Storage Problem

elvin chan elvinchan at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 05:33:18 CET 2005

Hello there,

I am new to CMS and would appreciate if someone would help me with these
problems :

(1) I don't really understand how CMS store files in its directory cause i
couldn't really locate it. This bring me to the second problem.

(2) How can I deploy CMS to a directory of my choice (for production
purposes). This directory is where my hosting server sits.

(3) When running CMS in local machine, I notice a string of IP address
generated eg. http://ipadress/cms/../../filename. So how could I use my own
location then in the case of production server where i have to follow a set
of ip destination allocated eg. http://www.adress.com/mypage/..

(4) I understand there is a deploy tool, but it still can't help me deploy
to destination of my choice, or maybe is just my ignorance?

(5) A redirection from my hosting server to the cms server will not solve my
problem since I would like to keep the ip as www.adress.com and not eg.
123.123.123.123/../../..

Thanks for your effort and time guys.