[opencms-dev] Setup question - initial database connection

David Penton djpwl at arrowsash.com
Sat Mar 5 18:35:20 CET 2005

Thanks, Alex.

Could you give me some clarification of the OpenCms Connection please?

If I user the mysql user "root" for the "Setup Connection", opencms
creates the database correctly.

But if I enter "opencms" with password "opencms" in the OpenCms
Connection field, I get the following:

Could no connect to database via: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/opencms
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access
denied for user: 'opencms at localhost.localdomain' (Using password: YES)

I did not create a user "opencms" in mysql before running the opencms
setup. I assumed that setup creates the user "opencms" and its
permissions to the database.

Am I doing something wrong?