[opencms-dev] Setup question - initial database connection

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Sat Mar 5 07:58:21 CET 2005

The first "Setup Connection" is for the DB table creation. Special ("admin")
permissions are required for this. This connection is used only in the
wizard and not stored in the opencms configration files.

The second "OpenCms Connection" is for running the OpenCms instance after
setup. This can be a different user from root or just the same, depending on
how many other use the MySQL instance. This user will be stored inthe
opencms configuration file, including it's password.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts