AW: [opencms-dev] menu in different languages

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Wed Mar 9 09:23:09 CET 2005

Hi Marek,

 ... A very top menu (like startseite, ... suche) and a very bottom menu
(like Barrierefrei, Impressum) is in German, but the left navigation menu
and the top navigation menu is still in English!
... Theses menues are not multilanguage. Only the two navigation items in
the menu under "Templateone Demo Pages > Multilanguage Demo" are
multilanguage.

... The problem is that I cannot make a sibling to a folder!...
Of course you can. Just create a folder (test_de), add it to navigation, add
the property value "de" to the locale property and create a page in this
folder.
Now copy the folder by checking the radio button at " Copy no resource, just
create siblings of all resources in the folder "  to  test_en.
In the copied folder change the locale property to "en". That's it!
 (Well, theoretically I can make a sibling to a folder but in fact opencms
creates a copy of the folder, which is not very elegant).
That is kind of true. Actually it is not copy but a link (or sibling).
Unfortunately I don't know an other solution to create a multilingual
website in OpenCms. And as the demo was made like that I assume, that there
is no other.

Has anyone else found an other solution? I would be very interested in that.

Regards

i.A. Kai Schliemann
IT-Consultant
comundus IT-Beratung GmbH
Schüttelgrabenring 3, 71332 Waiblingen

Tel:    +49 (0) 71 51-5 00 28-0   Fax: -99

www.comundus.com    www.comundus-e-quality.com

  Regards,
  Marek