[opencms-dev] Questions about templates and WYSIWYG editor

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Wed Mar 9 12:44:47 CET 2005

Hi
I have kind of a newbe question. I'm starting to learn the workplace and begun with creating a page with empty page template and edit it in the wysiwyg editor. However, when I switch over to source code view I see only that fragment of the code. As I understand it this is not a bug but I'm in fact working with a XML page which use a XML template so that is why I only see this fragment.

As I understand it XML templates is the old way and jsp templates is the new. However, I don't see any way to get wysiwyg editing of plain html files where I can access all part of the page. Also, working with JSP pages is limited to administrators so how can normal users work with the jsp templates?

Best regards
Sverker