[opencms-dev] Questions about templates and WYSIWYG editor

Ronald Lips ronald.lips at atobemobile.com
Wed Mar 9 13:01:03 CET 2005

Hi Sverker,

Take a look at the Alkacon documentation that comes with OpenCms beta 1,
section "Template Howto". This should make clear what the relationship
between a template and a page based on a template is. In this
relationship, the XML page (the page you edit in the WYSIWYG editor)
contains the HTML for each 'body' that has been defined in the template.
See also the 'default_bodies' folder that is present in the module that
contains your template.

The job of the JSP template is to inject the HTML fragments of each body
into an HTML page that is defined by the JSP. You can take a look at
these templates by browsing through the modules that are present in a
standard OpenCms installation.

Hope this helps,

regards
Ronald