[opencms-dev] How to locate files in the vfs?!

Nick Panienski panienski at codecentric.de
Thu Mar 10 13:07:27 CET 2005

Hi,

I have a 'logical' problem concerning the navigation of a site.

Let's say this directory structure represents the navigation:

.
|-- info				Added to Navigation
|   `-- index.html
|-- news				Added to Navigation
|   |-- index.html
|   `-- oldnews			Added to Navigation
|       `-- index.html
`-- store				Added to Navigation
    |-- main			Added to Navigation
    |   `-- index.html
    `-- sub				Added to Navigation
        `-- index.html

If a user navigates to the 'store' directory he should automatically be
directed to the first occurrence of an index.html ('first' maybe based on
the navigation order).

So, for now the user gets an empty page navigating to the store dir, well,
for sure, the directory IS empty :)

I need a solution for finding the first "index.html" in the vfs from a given
dir. Something like getFirstLink("index.html","/store/") which should return
/store/main/.
Building the navigation I could then use this function to define the hrefs.
'store' would get a href to the index of 'main'.

Thanks in advance
Nick