[opencms-dev] 404 in static export after publishing

Pete Setchell peter at goodtech.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 12:03:11 CET 2005

Hi,

We've been experiencing a strange problem with files disappearing in our
static export directory after publishing. Upon further investigation
after this happened the static export directory contained only an empty
directory tree. All the files that should have been there were missing.

I can't duplicate the problem on another OpenCMS instance, but it has
happened a couple of times to our content editors. They've made changes
and published them, then got 404 errors in the online project. As far as
I know, there were no errors during publishing, though they probably
didn't look closely at all the messages flying past.

Is this a bug anybody else has experienced? I can't figure out when
files are deleted or clened from the static export directory - during a
normal publish it looks like new files are normally written on top of
the old ones without ever cleaning the directories.

We're using OpenCMS 5.0.1 with MySQL on Linux.

Cheers,

Pete Setchell