[opencms-dev] Re: Browser Lockup

Andrew Kerr akerr at fluid.com
Fri Mar 11 14:33:15 CET 2005

Hi Alexis,

> Does the browser completely crash, or you just don't receive any more
> updates in the Publish project window?

We've actually experienced both problems.  The latter problem occurs most often in IE,
while full browser lockups/crashes occur most often in Mozilla/Firefox.

> You may have the same problem I'm having. I did a server and database
> restart, and was able to publish my project afterwards.

Unfortunately, this isn't an option for us on our live production site.  My guess is
that something is going wrong in Javascript, given how much OpenCMS uses it.

I'd love to hear from any others who have been experiencing these problems.

Thanks,
Andrew Kerr