[opencms-dev] Re: Browser Lockup

Andrew Kerr akerr at fluid.com
Fri Mar 11 16:19:14 CET 2005

Thomas Maerz wrote:

>Is the number of pages being published related to the problem?

Not to my knowledge.  We've seen the problem when publishing large
projects, or when publishing a single page.

>Does the output stop at publishing page 4, 5, or 100?

In the lockup/crash situation, nothing gets published at all, i.e. the
browser freezes almost immediately after the publish button is pressed.

In the non-lockup situation (seen only in IE), the browser stops
receiving updates from the server, usually in the middle of a large
publish.  This seems to be related to a timeout in getting status from
the server.  In this case, the publish does eventually finish, although
there's no way to determine when it's finished.

>Do you get any output while publishing?

See above.

>Is someone else publishing when you get the problem.

No.

>OpenCms Verion?

5.0.1

Thanks for the response.