[opencms-dev] Re: Browser Lockup

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Fri Mar 11 17:06:35 CET 2005

Andrew Kerr <akerr at fluid.com> writes:

> In the lockup/crash situation, nothing gets published at all, i.e. the
> browser freezes almost immediately after the publish button is pressed.
>
> In the non-lockup situation (seen only in IE), the browser stops
> receiving updates from the server, usually in the middle of a large
> publish.  This seems to be related to a timeout in getting status from
> the server.  In this case, the publish does eventually finish, although
> there's no way to determine when it's finished.

> 5.0.1

I have problems publishing a large number of files with 5.0.1.
Actually similar to yours. The publishing process takes a long time to
start, and sometimes doesn't start at all.

But since these problems occured I pubslihed the complete site step by step.

My only problem with Firefox is that when a large number of sitest is
being published, it's getting slower and slower, depending on the size
of the report message.

But I couldn't reproduce your problem when publishing only a few pages.
This still works for me with both browsers, even when an
"AfterPublishEvent" is running and the report reloaods very often.

If you want some guesses:

   browser problem
   hardware problem of your client

   can you publish after a re-login