[opencms-dev] log4j misconfiguration possibly classloader problem

Patricio Keilty opencms at colaborativa.net
Mon Mar 14 20:57:39 CET 2005

Hi everybody,
in our Tomcat 5.5.4 server we have an application using log4j; logging
has been working fine for months till a couple of weeks ago when we
installed ocms 6 alpha 3 in the same server. To our surprise, we found
log msgs were being written to /opencms/WEB-INF/opencms.log/!. As ocms
and the other webapp use their own separate context, seems a
classloading weird behaviour was causing this, someway introduced by
commons-logging usage in ocms. I´m no tomcat classloading expert, but
found very well documented commons-logging classloading related issues.
We got logs working again in our app by disabling ocms own logging. This
is a temporary workaround.

Has anyone came across the same issue?. Any hints?

Regards,

--
Patricio Keilty
Colaborativa.net