[opencms-dev] Create a new module with admin view (backoffice) in OpenCMS 6

Dimitri Frederickx dimitri.frederickx at groept.be
Tue Mar 15 23:46:38 CET 2005

Hi everyone,

For an academic institute in Belgium I have to give an introduction course to OpenCMS. They want to create a knowledge center for an non profit organization. But I'm rather new to OpenCMS.

In the internet I found information of how to create a content definition with a backoffice part, but these examples were all for OpenCMS 5. But how can i do this in OpenCMS 6???

I want to use my own tables to store some information in, and in the admin-view i want to add, delete, edit... the data in that table. On the website the information must be displayed. So I have to create a content definition but the classes A_CmsContentDefinition and so on are depricated from version 6, so I don't want to use them.

Let's say I want to set up a guestbook, store the data in my table, and in the admin-view i must be able to delete some records of the guestbook. How do i do that in OpenCMS 6? Can someone help me? Can someone provide me a link or a tutorial with relevant information? Or if someone has already developed a module that accesses it's own tables, can he share his information with me?

I need that information rather quickly, because i have to give the introduction course on the 19th of march.

Many thanks in advance to all of you who want te help me,
Dimitri