[opencms-dev] news 2.1

Stephan Hartmann beffe at beffe.de
Mon Mar 21 10:45:22 CET 2005

Hi,

in this example the news.html was a page that is able to display a list of
all news and also a detailed view of one news entry. The template for the
page is neither part of the news module nor of the lucene module. You have
to code it yourself.
Let me explain in short the page tag:

> <page uri="/news.html?__element=entry">
>      <param method="getIntId" name="newsid"/>
> </page>

uri is the uri of the page to display a single news entry. Additionally, a
parameter is needed for the page to determine which newsentry is to be
indexed. The param tag tells the lucene module that the name of the
parameter is "newsid" and that it can get the value by calling the method
"getIntId" on the NewsContentDefiniton instance.

So all you need is a page that can display a single news entry where it gets
the entry's id by a url paramter.

Regards,
Stephan