[opencms-dev] HTTP 404 not found error with apache+mod_poxy+tomcat multisite configuration

Mario Juric mario.juric at privat.tdcadsl.dk
Fri Mar 25 18:13:17 CET 2005

Hi,

I am trying to get my multi-site configuration to work with OpenCMS 6.0 beta
1, Apache 2.0.50 with mod_proxy and Tomcat 5.5.6 but I am getting HTTP 404
not found errors on resources in the /system/modules directory. Here's an
example of the typical log output:

"GET /system/modules/com.mysite.www/resources/mysite.css HTTP/1.1" 404 -

I can fetch the main dynamic page found under /sites/mysite but I can not
get access to its images, javascripts or other resources found in the
/system/modules/com.mysite.www directory. All resources should be online and
I can get access without problems if I make a direct request to Tomcat i.e.
accessing the page directly through http://127.0.01:8081/opencms works but
using http://www.mysite.com/ does not. Here's another example:

This works:

http://127.0.01:8081/opencms/system/modules/com.mysite.www/resources/myimage
.png

This does not work:

http://www.mysite.com/system/modules/com.mysite.www/resources/myimage.png

I have followed the updated documentation and I also tried to find any
solutions to this problem elsewhere. Below you will find examples of my
Apache configuration. I also attached the examples of OpenCMS and Tomcat
configurations. Note that I had to add the Proxy-directive to avoid the HTTP
403 forbidden error. I wonder why.

I am stuck right now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mario

<VirtualHost *>

            ServerName www.mysite.org

            ServerAdmin webmaster at mysite.com

            ServerAlias mysite.org *.mysite.org mysite.com *.mysite.com
mysite.net *.mysite.net

            DocumentRoot "/misc/www/opencms/ROOT"

            ErrorLog logs/error.log

            SetEnvIf Request_URI "\/opencms\/*" redirect

            CustomLog logs/mysite-access.log common env=!redirect

            <Proxy *>

                        Order allow,deny

                        Allow from all

            </Proxy>

            <Directory "/misc/www/opencms/ROOT">

                        Order allow,deny

                        Allow from all

            </Directory>

            ProxyPass                    /opencms/         !

            RedirectPermanent        /opencms/
http://www.mysite.org/

            ProxyPass                    /resources/        !

            ProxyPass                    /export/             !

            ProxyPass                    /
http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms

            ProxyPassReverse         /
http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms