[opencms-dev] Session and Link Handling

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Sat Mar 26 13:39:58 CET 2005

Hi,

for session handling without the use of cookies, the session id is part of the
url. For that to work, all links in a site have to contain this session id.
So in a Content Management System there should be the possibility to integrate
in all the generated link this ID. Is there some way to do this in OpenCms.

Another wish:
For the HTML Widget in the xmlcontent editor there should at least be a button
to get a VFS path to a document (resource) for putting a link to that
document into the text, and better, if this url woult be itegrated into the
text with special tags (Anyway complex HTML with JavaScript and onClick etc.
is not possible in this editor. But thats o.k. because no content editor
should have the need to put this into the text by himself.)
Than, it would be nice if there were a LinkHandler class (like the class for
locale handling) which gets the text everytime it is requested for output on
the page, where you can build all the necessary html for the links,
recognized by the special tag with the url, whether it shall open in a popup
or whatever, depending on your own needs.
Also would it be possible there to integrate the session ID into the url with
standard HttpServlet... methods.

I can do it my self too, when there is the final source code for the 6.
I have already done this for another CMS. And it works fine on many big
company sites.

Is there allready exists such a class, let me know please.

Kind regards.