[opencms-dev] Problems with removing of /opencms/opencms (rewrite method)

Peter Birchmeier pbirchmeier at gmx.ch
Tue Mar 29 02:36:55 CEST 2005

Hi Sebastian

I forgot to mention my environment. I use winxp(sp2), Tomcat 4.1.29,
Apache 2.0.49, JK 1.2.8, mySQL 4.0.x.
As you proposed, I watched the Cookie Infos (mozilla1.0.1). I found
several "session cookies", one with a path value "/", and the others
with "/opencms". I'm currently installing Tomcat 5.0.x to see if my
problem has something to do with the version.

Yesterday i tried out a different approach by Bernd Wolfsegger
(http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q1/016034.html). He
uses ProxyPass to map domains to opencms subdirectories
(multisite-configuration). I followed the instructions, but i call it a
phenomenon that finally my tries resulted in the same problem as
described for the rewrite method. As long as I set the
<vfs-prefix>-property (opencms-inportexport.xml) to "/opencms/opencms"
or even "/opencms" alone, everything has just worked fine. With an empty
value, the workplace opened in online project mode instead of offline,
and selecting the site "/" showed again the content of the
"/sites/default"-site. And editing of pages wasn't possible due to the
fact that the workplace was always in online-mode no matter what value I
set the project mode to.
Since this method doesn't make use of the jk-connector, the symptoms
must either have something to do with the tomcat or opencms itself...

Thanks Sebastian for your hint.
kind regards, Peter Birchmeier