[opencms-dev] Problems with removing of /opencms/opencms (rewrite method)

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Tue Mar 29 11:00:45 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 03:36, Peter Birchmeier wrote:
> Yesterday i tried out a different approach by Bernd Wolfsegger
> (http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q1/016034.html). He
> uses ProxyPass to map domains to opencms subdirectories
> (multisite-configuration). I followed the instructions, but i call it a
> phenomenon that finally my tries resulted in the same problem as
> described for the rewrite method. As long as I set the
> <vfs-prefix>-property (opencms-inportexport.xml) to "/opencms/opencms"
> or even "/opencms" alone, everything has just worked fine. With an empty
> value, the workplace opened in online project mode instead of offline,
> and selecting the site "/" showed again the content of the
> "/sites/default"-site. And editing of pages wasn't possible due to the
> fact that the workplace was always in online-mode no matter what value I
> set the project mode to.

Well, thanx for the hint with opencms-inportexport.xml.
It all works fine now for me. No /opencms/... anymore in the url. :)
After installing opencms normally, I have changed the opencms webapps folder
name to ROOT (and changed the name of the war file lying there too).
And I have made all this Tomcat and Apache and OpenCms adjustments mentioned
in my previous post.
Than I removed this ${CONTEXT_NAME} and ${SERVLET_NAME} in the
rfs-prefix, vfs-prefix and exporturl tag.
Well, I can use the whole system as before and all the links are generated
without "/opencms..."

But I use Tomcat 5... on a linux box. Perhaps Tomcat 5 behaves different?

> Since this method doesn't make use of the jk-connector, the symptoms
> must either have something to do with the tomcat or opencms itself...

Well, general question. Is there any neccessity for using mod_jk? I think this
connector brings the performance down a little bit.

Kind regards, Bernd Wolfsegger