[opencms-dev] OpenCMS: 404-error-handling

Uwe König uwederkoenig at web.de
Thu Mar 31 08:35:45 CEST 2005

Hello to all,

we're hosting different sites in one OpenCMS instance (5.0.1). Now
we want different 404-errorpages for each site we're hosting. Does
anybody dealt with that issue?

For we're thinking about using OpenCMS6 soon, I had a look at the
handling of 404-errors there. It seems to me that the
class OpenCMSCore forwards a 404-request to the location
"system/handlers/handler404.html"
So I created this resource, but it is not displayed. Instead, I
receive an empty page with some HTML-headers, indicating that this
empty page is OpenCMS-generated. Is this behaviour still in progress
due to beta state or has someone any hints for me?
Thanks in advance,

Uwe König