[opencms-dev] OpenCMS 5.0.1 and Lucene: searching japanese text

Uwe König uwederkoenig at web.de
Thu Mar 31 08:42:43 CEST 2005

Hello to all,

we're hosting, among others, a site that is available in english,
german and japanese. We installed the Lucene-module, works perfectly
for english and german text. Now we gave Lucene the japanese parts
of the site and an index is indeed created, but if I search a
japanese term, nothing is found (I know for sure that one page
contents the term).
I even tried the CJKAnalyzer for Lucene instead of the
StandardAnalyzer, but without success.

If anyone has experience in getting the Lucene-module to work with
japanese, chinese or other asian text, I'd be glad for some hints.
Best regards,

Uwe König