[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.0 beta 2 released

Frans Postma fpostma at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 31 19:59:01 CEST 2005

What is the recommended way to upgrade from 6.0b1 to beta2 ?

I attempted an upgrade from alpha3 to beta1 by installing opencms anew against the existing database but that failed since the
workplace versions didn't agree. Importing from an alpha3 export also failed for a reason I don't recall. The end of it was that
we started with a clean/empty 6.0beta1.

However we've entered some data into beta1 by now, which would like to preserve. So what is the best way to upgrade well keeping
the content ? Export /sites/default and our own modules and importing them perhaps ?? Or should an install against an existing
database actually work without dropping it??

As for contributing, if it's java/jsp I can handle it but I know next to nothing about xml so I'm not much help there ;-( Anything
specific you need/want help with?

Frans