[opencms-dev] OpenCMS: 404-error-handling

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Mon Apr 4 14:30:18 CEST 2005

Well,

read no answer to this question yet ...

In 6.0 beta 2 OpenCmsServlet would forward a 404-request to
"system/handlers/handler404.html" if the exception would reach this point in
code. But OpenCMSCore calls res.sendError() with a 404 code before in method
"errorhandling", at least if your are outside the opencms system. If you are
inside, this nice errorbox is served.
This way its not possible yet to add customized errorhandling for the webuser
and more descriptive messages than a blank page ...
Will it be possible in the 6.0 final, like it is in "normal" JSPs with the
errorPage Tag?

Kind regards, Bernd Wolfsegger