[opencms-dev] OpenCMS: 404-error-handling

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Mon Apr 4 15:43:00 CEST 2005

Bernd,

since you apparently have looked into the OpenCms source code, you should
read it correctly before claiming that something does not work.

You only need to create the folder / file "/handler/handle404.html" in the
OpenCms "/system" folder, which will be displayed in case of a 404 error.
Make this "handle404.html" a JSP that uses your template of choice in case
you want more advanded error handling stuff. Everything works as expected.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts