[opencms-dev] link block and top navigation don't show up: why?

Domenico De Seta domenico.deseta at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 4 15:21:25 CEST 2005

I created a new folder named “mySite” beside the /default one: then I
created therein a simple index.html page and applied  the “–Opencms
Template one” template to it. Furthermore I copied the whole “demopages”
folder from the sites/default folder and this is what happens:

1.	if I “preview” the index.html within the workspace the template
is displayed correctly and in both the top- and the side-navigation the
both “HOME” and “TEMPLATEONE DEMO PAGES” menu items are shown (and fully
works)
2.	if I look at the online index.html (with IExplorer 6.0) the top
navigation HOME only is shown (and links erroneously to an empty page
instead of the index.html page itself): the  “TEMPLATEONE DEMO PAGES” is
missing from the top navigation while is shown in the side navigation
(and works correctly when browsed through).

I have very minimal understanding of the whole process of creating
“templates” with the scriptlet approach used within the main.jsp
template of the “–Opencms Template one” template provided in the full
installation of Opencms 6.0.2 (by the way, is there any “serious”
documentation derscribing the all stuff ?): the few things I found in
the Alkacon documentation are really a drop in the ocean.
For my experience so far, every time I “try” to do something new I am
actually using “intuition” rather than knowledge! And very occasionally
I found it worked the way I guessed.

Would feel less discouraged if someone supported my  point of view or
provide me with some guidelines to step foreword.

P.S. Many Thanks to Manfred Shenk and Robert Petermeier who both helped
me in solving the issue about “upload new” misbehavior:  the
UploadApplet doesn’t want to work, so I had to disable it in the
Preferences.

Regards

Dom