[opencms-dev] OpenCMS: 404-error-handling

Bernd Wolfsegger bw at code-create.com
Tue Apr 5 08:41:04 CEST 2005

Hi Uwe and Alex,

this drives me a little crazy now :). If I request a "made up" page I get the
content of my error file. If I implement an error in an existing JSP page,
like provoking a NullPointerException, requesting this page, the error file
is not displayed.
Instead I get a normal tomcat error screen (With Status 404!).
But this happens only if the error page is a JSP or Page connected to some
JSP. If it is plain text all works fine as it should.
??

Kind regards, Bernd