[opencms-dev] random error during static export of about 3000 files

Thomas Maerz thomasmaerz at gmx.de
Thu Apr 7 11:09:48 CEST 2005

Christian Schmidt <christian.schmidt at questico.de> writes:

> I don't see how such a linkfile could make opencms to static export all
> files, it would be fine if we'd use opencms and the online-project, I

You could use wget to write the files to disk.
AFAIK the static export of OpenCms work similar.
That's why I asked if the online view works.
And that's why I suggested a "linkfile" to
e. g. Flash movies which wget can't find
when mirroring a website.

The command "wget -m -k url" mirrors the complete site and converts your
links to relative links. This was a suggestion for a workaround that
shouldn't have any drawbacks.

| GNU Wget is a free utility for non-interactive download of files from the Web.
| It supports HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols, as well as retrieval through HTTP
| proxies.
|
| Wget is non-interactive, meaning that it can work in the background, while the
| user is not logged on.  This allows you to start a retrieval and disconnect from
| the system, letting Wget finish the work.  By contrast, most of the Web browsers
| require constant user's presence, which can be a great hindrance when transfer-
| ring a lot of data.
|
| Wget can follow links in HTML and XHTML pages and create local versions of
| remote web sites, fully recreating the directory structure of the original site.
| This is sometimes referred to as ``recursive downloading.''  While doing that,
| Wget respects the Robot Exclusion Standard (/robots.txt).  Wget can be
| instructed to convert the links in downloaded HTML files to the local files for
| offline viewing.
|
| Wget has been designed for robustness over slow or unstable network connections;
| if a download fails due to a network problem, it will keep retrying until the
| whole file has been retrieved.  If the server supports regetting, it will
| instruct the server to continue the download from where it left off.

> What I did last night to temporarily solve the problem was to remove
> pages so that we reached a number of files of about 2750 (2950 also
> didn't work) - and it works again. It looks like some constraint has
> been reached or some overflow or something, dont know.

Backup your DB and clear the history completely,
so no older version will exist.

Regards,
Thomas