AW: [opencms-dev] Un/locking performance

Andreas Zahner A.Zahner at alkacon.com
Fri Apr 8 14:41:39 CEST 2005

Jozef,

I assume you are using OpenCms 5. In this version, the lock state of each
resource is stored in the database. So when you lock a folder with a lot of
subresources, all lock states are modified, which can take a while. I
suggest to use OpenCms 6 beta 2 where the locking is done in memory and
quite faster. A lot of other new features of OpenCms 6 improve the handling
of large websites also, e.g the explorer view has been rewritten for
performance reasons when managing a lot of resources, too.

Regards,

Andreas Zahner
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts
http://www.alkacon.com