[opencms-dev] backup problems

ark-d at betasystems.com ark-d at betasystems.com
Fri Apr 15 13:47:31 CEST 2005

Timo,
the easiest way is to export your /sites/default via the database export
tool of the administration backoffice, it will be exported to the file
system under /WEB-INF/packages and then transfer (or syncronize) the file
to the second instance and import it via the export tool again. But this
appoach is done manually and is not scheduled. Some days ago Christian
Schmidt had posted a class for doing this via scheduler for ocms 5.3.6 I
think, I tryed to compile the code with the latest HEAD of ocms Beta2, but
it didn't work. Perhaps it could be reviewd by opencms developer experts at
Alkacon and be included in the next release.

The other way could be an export of the module data with additional
resources via cmsshell, which was provided by Alexander Kandzior this week
and commited to the cvs repository.

What I don't understand, is why your approach doesn't work. I have done
exactly as you where doing and worked perfectly.
Do you have cleared your cache in your browser or purged the jsp's on the
second Installation via FlexCache?

Best Regards,
Arash Kaffamanesh

             Timo Eissler
             <timo.eissler at dtn
             et.de>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  opencms-dev at opencms.org
             opencms-dev-bounc                                          cc
             es at opencms.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [opencms-dev] backup problems
             15.04.2005 13:13

             Please respond to
                The OpenCms
               mailing list
             <opencms-dev at open
                 cms.org>

Hello list,

we backup our opencms system with a simple mysqldump of the databases.
Now i tried to test if a recovery will be funktional, and put the
database backup
in the db of our second opencms installation.

I thought this should be functional, but when i am logged in i can see that
the files are not the same like in the production system.
How can this be?
It is the same db!

Can me anyone explain what´s the best way to backup opencms and how i
can test this backup?

I already searched a howto on google, but i didnt find matching site.

thanks for every hint!

grZ timo

DT Netsolution GmbH   -   Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-70                  Fax: +49-711-849910-934
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/          Email: timo.eissler at dtnet.de