[opencms-dev] Additional info please

Patrick Donker list at webpagina.nu
Thu Apr 21 00:17:23 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I've been looking at ocms the last couple of days and it looks
impressive. I have some questions though, maybe you lot can answer them,
or point me out some resources where I can find docs on this.
I am basically an html designer with little to no cms experience. What
I'd like to do is use ocms to serve the dynamic contents of the site I
am building. Is it possible, and if so, how, to import the html site
into ocms and by using tags have parts of the site's content be
dynamically presented? I'd also like to have an interface where the
enduser can edit the dynamic content in such a way that no or very
little knowledge of the system is needed. How easily can this be
accomplished? Mind you, I am not a java programmer and have only little
experience using cms's. The only knowledge I have up until now is what I
have learnt comparing several oss projects. Mambo looks nice but it too
static. One has to adjust the design of a site too much to make it
useful. Sure, you can do what you like with it, but that requires quite
some modifications to Mambo. Could it be that OpenCMS is too flexible
for me ;)?

Thanks
-Patrick