[opencms-dev] Best way to upgrade production server

Robin Antony robin at zed.com.sg
Fri Apr 22 11:17:21 CEST 2005

Well, there are several ways to do this with minimum downtime.
1. Load balance your opencms instance on 2 servers or 2 streams(on the
same server). Bring #1 down upgrade it(using the process you defined)
while #2 is still running. Bring #1 up and do the same for the #2.

2. This might be really crude but I have done it some time back on an
older version of opencms (quite risky too), dunno if it still works.
Take a sqldump of the database. Import it into the production db and
change the db settings in production to point to the new one.

Cheers,
Robin