[opencms-dev] Best way to upgrade production server

Uwe König uwederkoenig at web.de
Fri Apr 22 15:51:41 CEST 2005

Hello *,

> 2. This might be really crude but I have done it some time back on
> an older version of opencms (quite risky too), dunno if it still
> works. Take a sqldump of the database. Import it into the
> production db and change the db settings in production to point to
> the new one.

you also have to take care about the config-files, and the
exported content. but it should work.

another approach: running to instances of tomcat (one production and
one for developing) on different ports and apache for proxying.

then you can just switch the destination-ports in the apache-config,
restart apache and there you go. with minimal downtime.
best regards,

Uwe König