[opencms-dev] OpenCMS messing up my HTML

Nick Panienski panienski at codecentric.de
Fri Apr 22 14:55:55 CEST 2005

Howdy,

how comes OpenCMS 'interpretes' my HTML code?

Say I have a snippet with CSS-Classes, as soon as I edit the code with the
text editor and save it my double quotes around my class definition are
gone? This is acceptable for class="narrowimage" or something, but what if
we use something like class="link red massive"? I need my double quotes,
otherwise not all three CSS-classes are read correctly.

Or take this example: I have a snippet for js window popups. I don't want an
editor to remember the correct syntax, so he can put this snippet into his
text:

<!-- POPUP -->
<a
href="#"
onclick="javascript:window.open('index.html','popup','height=400,width=500,s
crollbars=yes')">
xyz</a>
<!-- POPUP END -->

This is what OCMS does to the code after using the snippet:

<P><A
onclick="javascript:window.open('index.html','popup','height=400,width=500,s
crollbars=yes')"
href="#">xyz</A>
<!-- POPUP END --></P>

This sucks! How comes the first commentary is missing completely, who told
CMS to put p-tags around my snippet and to be a smart aleck: aren't html
tags supposed to be written in lower case?! ;)

Is there any way to keep OCMS from 'interpreting' my HTML?

Regards
Nick