[opencms-dev] External Editors

Erik Lyons ELyons at cityofsalem.net
Fri Apr 22 22:13:19 CEST 2005

I second that, it would be great.
Also, particularly when building new sites, it would be nice to be able
to search the text of source files somehow. And replace. With RegEx.
Extended. That's all.   ;-)

>>> greg at emailanalyst.com 4/22/2005 13:08:50 PM >>>
Is there a way to use an external editor with OpenCms? I really dislike

doing any sort of text editing in browsers, to the point where I write

forum posts somewhere else and just copy & paste the text into the
form.
I should think one would be able to write a temporary file out, open a

user's "default" editor, and read it back when the file changes or some

"done" button is clicked. Does such a beast exist?

Thanks,

Greg