[opencms-dev] Installation on JBoss?

John Emmer jemmer at avega.com
Sat Apr 23 02:38:48 CEST 2005

I see some posts here saying that you have to make changes to deploy on
JBoss and some saying all you have to do is unpack the war.  I'm running
JBoss 3.2.5 on SuSE 9.2 and have created a directory called 'opencms.war'
into which I unzipped the contents of the opencms.war file.  I am
installing the tables to postgresql.  Everything seems to go fine until I
get to importing the workspace.  Here is the setup.log:

1:    OpenCms WEB-INF path:
/usr/share/jboss/server/default/deploy/opencms.war/WEB-INF/
2:    OpenCms property file:
/usr/share/jboss/server/default/deploy/opencms.war/WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties
3:
4:    Job execution threads will use class loader of thread: OpenCms: Setup
workplace import
5:    Workplace init: Unable to read views folder
'/system/workplace/views/', no views available!
6:    Workplace init: Unable to read editor folder
'/system/workplace/editors/', editors disabled!
7:    Workplace init: Unable to read locales folder
'/system/workplace/locales/', locales disabled!
8:    Workplace temporary file project does not yet exist!
9:    Critical error during OpenCms initialization
10:   java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.dom4j.io.XMLWriter.setEscapeText(Z)V
11:         at org.opencms.xml.CmsXmlUtils.marshal(CmsXmlUtils.java:352)
12:         at org.opencms.xml.CmsXmlUtils.marshal(CmsXmlUtils.java:375)
13:         at
org.opencms.xml.CmsXmlContentTypeManager.getSchemaBytes(CmsXmlContentTypeManager.java:487)
14:         at
org.opencms.xml.CmsXmlContentTypeManager.initialize(CmsXmlContentTypeManager.java:456)
15:         at
org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.initConfiguration(OpenCmsCore.java:998)
16:         at
org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.upgradeRunlevel(OpenCmsCore.java:1407)
17:         at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.<init>(CmsShell.java:445)
18:         at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:142)
19:   java.lang.NullPointerException
20:         at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.<init>(CmsShell.java:448)
21:         at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:142)
22:   java.lang.NullPointerException
23:         at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.printPrompt(CmsShell.java:719)
24:         at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.executeCommands(CmsShell.java:666)
25:         at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.start(CmsShell.java:491)
26:         at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:148)
27:   java.lang.NullPointerException
28:         at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.exit(CmsShell.java:554)
29:         at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.kill(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:107)
30:         at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:153)
31:   java.lang.NullPointerException
32:         at org.opencms.main.CmsShell.exit(CmsShell.java:560)
33:         at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.kill(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:107)
34:         at
org.opencms.setup.CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.run(CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:153)

John Emmer
Senior Software Engineer
Avega
200 N. Sepulveda, Suite 600   El Segundo, CA 90245
310-563-3322    jemmer at avega.com