AW: [opencms-dev] Publishing large files

Nick Panienski panienski at codecentric.de
Mon Apr 25 16:47:53 CEST 2005

Okay, we found the problem.
If you upload a file that is larger than the max_allowed_packet OpenCMS will
launch the upload dialogue and finish without any complaint. The file is
visible in the explorer view and everything seems to be fine.
BUT when you read your opencms.log you see the following:

25 Apr 2005 15:38:59,815 ERROR [org.opencms.db.CmsSqlException:  64]
org.opencms.db.CmsSqlException: [org.opencms.db.mysql.CmsVfsDriver] where:
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.createContent(CmsVfsDriver.java:146),
why: com.mysql.jdbc.PacketTooBigException: Packet for query is too large
(1433042 > 1048576). You can change this value on the server by setting the
max_allowed_packet' variable.query:
com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement at 1ed54a0: INSERT INTO CMS_OFFLINE_CONTENTS
(CONTENT_ID,RESOURCE_ID,FILE_CONTENT) VALUES
('c2d94c8a-b597-11d9-ac06-a1ed3a60732f','c2d7c5e9-b597-11d9-ac06-a1ed3a60732
f',** STREAM DATA **)
com.mysql.jdbc.PacketTooBigException: Packet for query is too large (1433042
> 1048576). You can change this value on the server by setting the
max_allowed_packet' variable.

You should change this behaviour in later versions...

Bye
Nick